On 30 April 2012 in conjunction with the UNESCO designated International Jazz Day celebrations. The Inaugural WYJF 2012, to be held from 23 to 27 May 2012 in conjunction with the Malaysian National Youth Day “Millions Of Youth Gathering” event, By The Youth, With The Youth, For The Youth, will feature 38 acts and involve more than 200 artistes from all over the world. It is by far the biggest youth jazz festival ever to be held.
Who Are Invited To Perform:
Besides Jazz performers, artistes from other genres of music are invited in order to assimilate the “youth jazz culture” into the mindset of the youth of today. WYJF also invites established names who have surpassed their “youth days” to give the chance to the youth jazz musicians to mingle, learn, gain experience, exchange ideas, be recognised through the demonstration of the talents and create relationships and networking with other artistes, young and old alike, both musically, socially and possibly in business
WYJF intends to invite artistes from every corner of the globe with the help of foreign embassies and cultural institutions to turn the WYJF into THE UNITED NATION OF WORLD YOUTH JAZZ.
WYJF encourages artistes from all over the world to collaborate through performing and exchange of ideas at the WYJF and thereafter.
Workshops, charity work, pre and post WYJF Jazz Community Events run by Jazz Community Malaysia (JAZZCOMM) and the many communities affiliated worldwide will also be held to promote jazz universally.
Selection of Artistes:
No single criteria will be used but a combination of factors will be considered when selecting artistes for WYJF. The usual pull attraction factor of the artiste is important. Funding from sponsors and other institutions will determine favourably as WYJF is a “FREE FESTIVAL” where no admission fee or tickets are charged. Befitting the vision to turn the WYJF into THE UNITED NATION OF WORLD YOUTH JAZZ, artistes from all over the world will be invited based on availability of funds and assistance from the various embassies and cultural institutions to cover all cost aspects.
How to apply and what to include:
Artistes wishing to perform at WYJF can apply by writing or emailing to:
WORLD YOUTH FESTIVALS MANAGEMENT SDN. BHD. (984688k)
HBN Secretariat, Level G, KBS Tower,
No. 27, Persiaran Perdana, Precinct 4,
Federal Government Administrative Centre,
62570 Putrajaya, Malaysia.
(WYFM is responsible for organising the WYJF)
Please include in your application the following:
- Stage names of members of your whole band or yourself alone if you are performing solo. Contact person, manager or person responsible who will be signing the WYJF Performance Agreement
- Name as written in the valid international passport complete with passport number of each member.
- The instruments each member plays including vocals. At WYJF we treat vocals also as an instrument, a powerful one at that.
- Address and contact numbers and emails of all members and the next of kin to be contacted in cases of emergency.
- Websites/Facebooks/Twitters/YouTube and any other social media that you and your members may have.
- Digital photos/posters etc that can be used in the WYJF website and promotional purposes in the event of being selected
- Media coverage of your act.
- Demo CD, DVD or links to any online portals.
- The technical and hospitality riders that you wish to have for your performance at WYJF including mixing/patching and instrument set-ups on stage. This request may however not be fully met by WYJF in which case best substitute will be offered.
- Tell us why you are interested to perform at WYJF.
- The relevance of your performance towards making WYJF the UNITED NATIONS OF WORLD YOUTH JAZZ
- Your expected fee, if any, and possibility of you getting sponsored by your country’s related Ministry of Cultural/Music Institutions or corporations for your airfares, fees etc to the perform at WYJF.
Closing date for submission:
All application must reach WYFM before 31 October in the year before the next WYJF that will be held annually during the National Youth Day celebrations. Actual dates for WYJF will be informed at the time of confirmation of selection between 15 to 30 November.
Should you wish for any artiste or acts to perform at WYJF, you can submit your wish for consideration to the address above and/or also to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
See you all at the 2013 edition of WORLD YOUTH JAZZ FESTIVAL PUTRAJAYA MALAYSIA next year.
By The Youth,
With The Youth,
For The Youth