Indro Hardjodikoro & Friends
Indro is an accomplished session bass player in Indonesia. His recording experience are in different genres of music including pop & jazz for various artistes in Indonesia. He has frequently appeared on TV, also on Indonesian Idol and many other music programs.
Among the many orchestras and well-known musicians that Indro has accompanied include the following:
- Erwin Gutawa;
- Adi MS with the Twilite Orchestra;
- Andi Rianto with the Magenta Orchestra;
- Dwiki Dharmawan Band in New York, Chicago, St. Louis and Beijing;
- Dwiki Dharmawan World Peace Orchestra together with Andy Suzuki, Steve Thornton, Sadao Watanabe, Roger Burns and Tolak Aulstead;
- On tour with Eric Marienthal in Indonesia in 1997; Played with international musicians such as Kenny Garret, Dave Koz, Michael Lington and Michael Colina;
- Master class in Rhythm and Groove Music Camp with Victor Wooten;
- Jamming sessions with Herbie Hancock, George Duke, Mattias ‘IA’ Eklundh (a Laney endorser);
- Recording sessions with many international musicians such as Earnie Adams (drums), Howard Levi (harmonica), Frank Gambale (guitar) in Dwiki Dharmawan World Peace Orchestra;
- Sheila Majid Solo Album;
- Bob Sheppard (saxophone) and
- Dira J. Sugandi Album produced by Bluey Incognito.
Indro has finally released his debut album: Indro Hardjodikoro ‘Feels Free’ together with Demas Narawangsa and Lal Intje Makkah featuring great musicians such as Tohpati, Oele Patiselano and Irfan Chasmala.
After his ‘Feels Free’ Concert which was held in 2009, he embarked on a two-bass-player project with his student, Fajar Adi Nugroho called Indro Hardjodikoro The Fingers. The Fingers has performed in several jazz clubs and international festivals such as the Java Jazz Festival in Jakarta, Indonesia; Petro Jazz Festival in St. Petersburg, Russia; MuzEnergo in Dubna, Russia; IguanaWinenJazz Club in Belgrade-Serbia; RednWhite Jazz Lounge in Jakarta, Indonesia; Music Town in Moscow, Russia; World Youth Jazz Festival in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Panggung Gembira KBRI Washington DC, USA.
Currently, Indro is a Markbass International Artiste endorsed by Cortindro Hardjodikoro Bass Signature Series 4 and Series 6 strings, and also Fodera 6 strings.
Indro is also active in the educational field and is the Head of Bass Department at the Institut Music Indonesia (IMI), the first contemporary music institute in Indonesia.
The line-up for World Youth Jazz Festival 2016:
Indro – bass
Echa Soemantri – drums
Yankjay Nugraha – guitar
Eghay – keyboards
Didiet – violin
Gilang Samsoe – vocalist (of Indonesian Idol fame)
Ticco Putra Laksana – guitar
Willy Soemantri – senior guitar player